Common Sense Safety Reminders
1. Before you go on your first Mac Ride adventure, make sure you have practiced getting on and off your bike with Mac Ride installed. First, try this without a child on board. When confident, try again in a traffic-free, supported area, this time with your child on Mac Ride. Once you can easily get on and off your bike with your little one on board, in, for example, a grassy field, then progress to your next level of Mac Ride adventure. (Shorter adults should be extra diligent with their trial phase and be cautious when first straddling the crossbar. Mac Ride, in effect, raises the height of your crossbar.)
2. NEVER EVER EVER RIDE SOMETHING WITH YOUR CHILD ON MAC RIDE THAT YOU ARE NOT 100% CERTAIN YOU CAN COMPLETE WITHOUT FALLING. This should be obvious, but we are saying it anyway.
2. Helmets. Always. For both you and your child.
3. Ride within your abilities. This is pretty much the same as point #2, but it seems important to reiterate. Whenever you ride with a child on Mac Ride, know what you can do. Get off your bike and walk what you cannot ride.
4. Please read the disclaimer page for full details on your responsibilities and liabilities.